Pages

Wednesday 6 September 2017

Creative Writing - English

  Image result for therizinosaurus


In the primitive lands when there were dinosaurs, farming resources was difficult to achieve without coming back with injuries. A risk we all take.  However I was not afraid. I needed resources such as wood, stone, flint and fibre to extend my base, working my way up to higher equipment. There are a lot of trees, plants and rocks all around me. Before leaving my base to gather resources, I packed a few things to ensure my safety and mend myself if needed. As I leave I noticed many types of dinosaurs in the distance, hoping that they would move further away from their positions. I then began to chop wood, pick at rocks and collect fibre from plants while being aware of my dangerous surroundings.

As I finish up on chopping some wood I see a large dinosaur heading towards me. I took a large shit before making my way back, I tried to walk but I realised that I was encumbered. While thinking of a way to move the dinosaur had spotted me. It was a Therizinosaurus. They had talons the size of my arms, it's beak looked as strong as titanium and it looked like a large bird, a dangerous one. I had to figure out a way to escape while still bringing back the resources.

My heart is racing, I’m in a constant state of fear. What am I going to do? I felt like I was going to piss myself. I can't push myself to move even the slightest as my knees were weak, arms spaghetti I thought I had no escape. I had to act fast as the Therizinosaurus was getting closer.

As I scanned the area for an escape route I then came up with a plan, it may not be the most stable plan but it's all I had thought of. I dropped half of the resources I had and that lifted a lot of weight off my back. I used the last of my super saiyan energy and sprinted towards the cliff I saw earlier. I planned to jump of the cliff as I was carrying my handy parachute. I could see it's razor sharp talons reaching out towards me from the corner of my eye.

I reached the edge of the cliff and leaped out for my life and pulled or my parachute. Before I knew it, the Therizinosaurus tore a hole in my parachute and left me to the fate of it. The dinosaur was no longer my problem; landing alive was. In the end I landed safely in the ocean and returned to my base ready for another journey to come. I put my controller down and say to myself “Enough PlayStation for today."

Knowing that there was more trouble to come I was ready for it because it’s only a game  the end. Ark: Survival Evolved

5 comments:

  1. James
    Nice work. I like the way you use short sentences to speed up the action form the reader's perspective. You've tended to swap between present and past tense in your story. Is that deliberate? Do you think you could improve the story by being consistent, with just one of those two tenses?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The reason I have switched between past tense and present is because I couldn't be bothered correcting it. Of course being consistent with the tense would make the story better, after all we are taught to use one tense. I'll correct the tense when I have time'.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great work. My favourite part of your story was how you had a twist ending with your story. It was my Favourite part because no one saw it coming as it was really believable.
    I also liked how you told us every little detail.
    I really did love the whole story, Good Job! :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.